MOL release candidate available

Samuel Rydh mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:14:37 +0100

> make[4]: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.
> nm: ../build/mol.ko: No such file or directory
> nm: ../build/mol.ko: No such file or directory
> checker.pl failed
> rm: cannot lstat `../build/mol.ko': No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [all-local] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> -----
>
> This is a somewhat truncated output as it's not the first time I ran
> 'make'.  my mol-rsync directory is in ~root.  Should it be somewhere
> else?

I think your kernel source is missing (it might be just
pure headers). MOL nowdays uses the kernel build system to build
its module. This is much less "hackish" than the previous
system.

Verify that /lib/modules/2.4.20-8d/build (from the configure output)
contains Makefiles. Otherwise, set the KERNEL_SOURCE to something
appropriate and run configure again.

/Samuel