MOL release candidate available

Romeyn Prescott mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:32:38 -0500

At 12:45 AM +0100 1/8/04, Samuel Rydh scribbled:

>To compile and install from the developer tree (an alternative
>is building from the BitKeeper repository), do the following:
>
>	rsync -rvz rsync.penguinppc.org::mol mol-rsync
>	cd mol-rsync
>	./autogen.sh
>	./configure
>	make
>	make libimport
>	make install	(as root)

I decided to ignore my sound woes for now and proceeded with 'make'.  No joy:

-----
[root@digirom mol-rsync]# make
Making all in scripts
Making all in src
Making all in lib
Making all in main
Making all in drivers
Making all in disk
Making all in video
Making all in net
Making all in oldworld
Making all in vconfig
Making all in debugger
Making all in deb
Making all in mon
Making all in cpu
Making all in ppc
Making all in booter
Making all in kmod
Making all in Linux
make[4]: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.
nm: ../build/mol.ko: No such file or directory
nm: ../build/mol.ko: No such file or directory
checker.pl failed
rm: cannot lstat `../build/mol.ko': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [all-local] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
-----

This is a somewhat truncated output as it's not the first time I ran
'make'.  my mol-rsync directory is in ~root.  Should it be somewhere
else?

YDL3.0 here.

Thanks,
...ROMeyn