MOL release candidate available

Christian Walther mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:06:00 +0100

>> Any ideas? I suspect I might be using a wrong version of some utility
>> like "lex" or "yacc", but as I don't even know what these do, I'm
>> stuck
>> here. I have flex-2.5.4a-20mdk and byacc-1.9-13mdk on Mandrake 9.1
>> (kernel benh-2.4.20-9mdk) on a PowerBook G4 Ti 867MHz.
>
> I would guess that it is byacc that causes the problem. Most
> distros seems to use bison rather the byacc.

Right, that was it. The reason I was using byacc is that the configure
script complained about not finding yacc, so I just installed the only
package whose name contained "yacc". Installed bison now, and after a
fresh start and some fighting with my kernel sources, I got a working
MOL.

I tried booting my existing Mac OS 9.2.2 MOL disk image and installing
Mac OS X 10.3 on another disk image, and both seemed to work well.
Networking (tun) and sound works on both. One thing that didn't work
right is console video: for resolutions below the native 1280x854, the
image is shifted towards the bottom right, i.e. the bottom and right
side of the image is cut off, while there's a black border on the left
and top side of the screen. The shift is (64, 39) pixel (right, down)
for 1152x768, (128, 39) for 1024x768, (240, 89) for 800x600 and (320,
105) for 640x480.

  -Christian