Sound with ALSA

Nathanael Hasbrouck mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:18:38 -0500

On Friday 30 January 2004 22:29, somebody named Nathanael Hasbrouck inscribed
> I've just been trying to sort out sound support here, and hit a bit of a
> snag. MOL finally compiled with ALSA support (after I installed
> alsa-headers and libasound2-dev :), but it's not quite working.
> '/etc/mol/molrc.sound" is attached.  Relevant snip from the log:
>
> Autoswitching to console
> Ethernet Interface (port 1) 'sheep-<eth0>' @ FE:FD:DE:AD:BE:EF
> Using ALSA mixer PCM 0 (mixerdevice 'default')
> ALSA sound driver (device 'default')
> ALSA: failed to setup mixer
> MOL SCSI controller registered

My bad - sound works, despite it complaining about the mixer.  I somehow
neglected to actually test it last night by playing sounds from macos... #^|

NRH
--
i know that i am crazy, so i don't really have
to ask, but i like to have my own diagnosis checked