Possibly a much asked question, how far is mol usable/compilable on Mac OS X?

mdpb mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:19:14 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-50804832

I really should have searched better in the mail archives.
I basically got past the compiling (there is one error during
compilation but nothing thats too serious, for some reason a file
called .verydummy.o is empty, it can't be linked).
Installation works fine too but I am running into the same error as
someone else:

>>  first got an error message saying that I needed to run "mknod
>> /dev/fb0 c 29 0", which I did. I tried it again and I now get the
>> following error message:
>>  bash-2.05a$ startmol --linux
>>  Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jun 24 2004 14:06]
>>  Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
>>  Starting MOL session 3
>>  Fatal error: opening /dev/mol3: No such file or directory
  > Sure, the problem is that the MOL kernel module has not been loaded
(one has to do it by hand; there is a makefile target for that in the
src/kmod subdirectory).
  > That said, the MOL under MacOS is still in alpha state...

I have looked in that directory and can not find any makefile target
for this. I must be missing something, can any one please help?

Thanks

Matt

On Jul 14, 2004, at 10:49 PM, mdpb wrote:

> I am interested in setting up at least one if not 2 virtual machines
> at the same time on Mac OS X itself to run side by side comparisons.
> How far is mol compilable and running on Mac OS X itself?
> I was able to compile it  for some part (had issues with some const
> definitions for some reason) but I got hung on the end on the bit of
> assembly.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

--Apple-Mail-1-50804832

I really should have searched better in the mail archives.

I basically got past the compiling (there is one error during
compilation but nothing thats too serious, for some reason a file
called .verydummy.o is empty, it can't be linked).

Installation works fine too but I am running into the same error as
someone else:

<excerpt><excerpt> first got an error message saying that I needed to
run "mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0", which I did. I tried it again and I now
get the following error message:

 bash-2.05a$ startmol --linux

 Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jun 24 2004 14:06]

 Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh

 Starting MOL session 3

 Fatal error: opening /dev/mol3: No such file or directory

</excerpt></excerpt> > Sure, the problem is that the MOL kernel module
has not been loaded (one has to do it by hand; there is a makefile
target for that in the src/kmod subdirectory).

 > That said, the MOL under MacOS is still in alpha state...

I have looked in that directory and can not find any makefile target
for this. I must be missing something, can any one please help?

Thanks

Matt

<excerpt>I am interested in setting up at least one if not 2 virtual