Possibly a much asked question, how far is mol usable/compilable on Mac OS X?

mdpb mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 07:09:24 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-529014501

Can anyone please help me with the below question? How can I load the
MOL kernel module manually? mol --loadonly still gives:
Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jul 16 2004 15:30]
Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
Starting MOL session 0
Fatal error: opening /dev/mol0: No such file or directory

Thanks

Matt

On Jul 16, 2004, at 6:19 PM, mdpb wrote:

> I really should have searched better in the mail archives.
> I basically got past the compiling (there is one error during
> compilation but nothing thats too serious, for some reason a file
> called .verydummy.o is empty, it can't be linked).
> Installation works fine too but I am running into the same error as
> someone else:
>
>>>  first got an error message saying that I needed to run "mknod
>>> /dev/fb0 c 29 0", which I did. I tried it again and I now get the
>>> following error message:
>>>  bash-2.05a$ startmol --linux
>>>  Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jun 24 2004 14:06]
>>>  Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
>>>  Starting MOL session 3
>>>  Fatal error: opening /dev/mol3: No such file or directory
>  > Sure, the problem is that the MOL kernel module has not been loaded
> (one has to do it by hand; there is a makefile target for that in the
> src/kmod subdirectory).
>  > That said, the MOL under MacOS is still in alpha state...
>
> I have looked in that directory and can not find any makefile target
> for this. I must be missing something, can any one please help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
>
> On Jul 14, 2004, at 10:49 PM, mdpb wrote:
>
>> I am interested in setting up at least one if not 2 virtual machines
>> at the same time on Mac OS X itself to run side by side comparisons.
>> How far is mol compilable and running on Mac OS X itself?
>> I was able to compile it  for some part (had issues with some const
>> definitions for some reason) but I got hung on the end on the bit of
>> assembly.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Matt

--Apple-Mail-1-529014501

Can anyone please help me with the below question? How can I load the
MOL kernel module manually? mol --loadonly still gives:

Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jul 16 2004 15:30]

Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh

Starting MOL session 0

Fatal error: opening /dev/mol0: No such file or directory

Thanks

Matt

<excerpt>I really should have searched better in the mail archives.

I basically got past the compiling (there is one error during
compilation but nothing thats too serious, for some reason a file
called .verydummy.o is empty, it can't be linked).

Installation works fine too but I am running into the same error as
someone else:

<excerpt><excerpt> first got an error message saying that I needed to
run "mknod /dev/fb0 c 29 0", which I did. I tried it again and I now
get the following error message:

 bash-2.05a$ startmol --linux

 Mac-on-Linux 0.9.71-pre1 [Jun 24 2004 14:06]

 Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh

 Starting MOL session 3

 Fatal error: opening /dev/mol3: No such file or directory

</excerpt></excerpt> > Sure, the problem is that the MOL kernel module
has not been loaded (one has to do it by hand; there is a makefile
target for that in the src/kmod subdirectory).

 > That said, the MOL under MacOS is still in alpha state...

I have looked in that directory and can not find any makefile target
for this. I must be missing something, can any one please help?

Thanks

Matt

<excerpt>I am interested in setting up at least one if not 2 virtual