Sheep net problems (MOL 0.9.70)

Jim Easterbrook mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:41:40 +0100

I've recently had my first go at compiling a custom kernel, and
consequently I needed to compile MOL (0.9.70) from source, having
previously used a binary rpm (0.9.68). Since then I've been having problems
with networking. I'm using YellowDog 3.0.1 and my custom kernel is based on
2.4.22-2g.

I'm using sheep net only, and have assigned two IP addresses: 192.168.52.2
to Linux, and 192.168.52.11 to MOL. From a WinXP machine on my local
network I can ping both addresses, but I can't ping the MOL address from
Linux. Nor can MOL see my afpd server running on Linux. Looking at the
output from dmesg I see the line "IP-filter: -64.-88.52.11" which is a
signed interpretation of 192.168.52.11. This message appears to be
generated in sheep.c

I'm sorry if this is not clear, or if I've left out some vital detail. I'm
a bit of a newbie at this sort of thing.

Jim