Eddie Bindt mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 18:17:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Samuel Rydh wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 11:53:30AM +0100, Eddie Bindt wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Eddie Bindt wrote:
> >
> > Finally found a way around this, needed to point to the exact source dir
> > to build.
>
> You mean, you did something like
>
> 	make KERNEL_SOURCE=/path/to/kernel/source ?

Yes !

> If so, where is the kernel source provided by the YDL RPMs located?
> The /lib/modules/2.4.xx/build symlink is obviously incorrect
> or non-existing...

Thaat link is there, but somehow it did not work correctly ..

> >otherwise the enet and audio drivers weren't even build.
>
> Those drivers are _never_ built. At least not the OSX part...
> Since it is necessary to compile these drivers under OSX, they
> are shipped in a binary form. The source code is in a separate
> BK repository.

I mean the drivers on the linux side, the .so/.ko for tun and sheep ...
They where not build without that KERNEL_SOURCE ...

> > BTW, I had to remove the molenet.kext and molaudio.kext from OSX. It gave
> > me a clean "bluescreen (the multilingual OS message)" after reinstalling
> > enet and audio in OSX, all seems to work fine
>
> Hmm... that is strange. Old versions of these KEXTs should work just fine.

Yeah, Until shortly they just did, but underneath the "bluescreen" dump
the last hardly readable thing was about that Mol.....kext giving an error
So I removed them and restarted MOL. Inside OSX I reinstalled the drivers
and all was fine again ...

 > /Samuel
Eddie