Linux on Mol - invalid device

Benjamin Herrenschmidt mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:02:54 +1100

> Samuel,
>
> What do these special kernels mods consist of ? And do you think it
> would be meaningful to add them to the default debian powerpc kernel for
> example, or may this bring adverse performance or compatibility issues,
> and it would be better to build a special kernel especially for MOL ?

I've been thinking about doing that for a while, but always didn't
find the time to actually do it..

It would make a lot of sense to rethink that especially with MOL
hosted on OS X coming along. Now that I have the pmac code fully
merged upstream, I can more easily work on such things.

As far as _I_ am concerned though, the big thing would be some
G5 support :) I won't be able to work on that myself until I get
a G5 at home though, which may have to wait for apple to release
some "rev2" of the current machine.

Ben.