reinstalling os x within mol

Jens Schmalzing mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
24 Mar 2004 11:18:01 +0100

Hi,

David B=E9langer writes:

> I tried via mol.  Boots the installer CD fine.  [...]  However, when
> I tried to install OS X at section where the volume is selected.  I
> got a message like: "OS X cannot be installed on that volume.  OS X
> cannot boot from that volume because it does not have a valid
> openfirmware path."

> If I boot OS X natively (i.e. not within mol), it sees the entire
> disk as free...

> Any suggestion?

When you partition your disk in Linux, do not leave the space for Mac
OS X free, but create an empty partition of type Apple_HFS.  Then boot
the Mac OS X installer natively and install into this partition.

And if you change the partition table, always make sure that the
kernel re-reads it before you use your new partitions.  This usually
requires a reboot.

Regards, Jens.

--=20
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!
Le veux aimeb et mqubib panz je p=E9zqbpbe je djuz tqtaj!