install macosx in a partiion not in first 8go

David C. Hacker, DVM mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 20:43:58 -0500

It depends on what mac you have.  The original iMac's up to the 333mhz=20=

model, the blue and white g3 and a few others are the only ones=20
affected by the 8GB limitation.  If you have one of those computers the=20=

whole partiton has to be within the first 8GB.  I have an original=20
iBook that doesn't have this limitation and I have my OS X partion last=20=

on a 28 GB drive with no problems.  I don't know of any way to=20
circumvent this because it is a limitation of the open firmware on=20
these models.
Hope this helps some.

David C. Hacker, DVM
212 N 1st St #2