mol errors when starting

Tommy Trussell twt at arkansas.net
Mon Nov 1 20:15:19 MST 2004

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 Adam Done <mlist at donestudios.com> said:
> Has anyone got errors like this when starting?
>
>  #  startmol -X
> Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70 [Sep 11 2004 22:43]
> Copyright (C) 1997-2004 Samuel Rydh
> Starting MOL session 1
> Removing stale lockfile /var/lock/mol-1
> Running in PowerPC 7400 mode, 250 MB RAM
> Timebase: 24.90 MHz, Bus: 99.62 MHz, Clock: 800 MHz
> Using USB mouse on /dev/input/mice
> OHCI USB controller registered
> Could not open '/var/lib/mol/x11.kbd'
> ***** SIGNAL 11 [Segmentation fault] in thread main-thread *****

Did you have a look at /var/lib/mol/x11.kbd ?  It's a text file with keymap
assignments. Try running the normal setup utilities again to create the files
in that directory. You have to run these as root:

 startmol --keyconfig
 molvconfig

Then you might get some more helpful diagnostic information by testing the
installation:

 startmol --test

P.S.: I'm not an expert -- I was lucky that MOL ran as advertised for me the
first time I tried -- but I spent some time looking over the documentation,
too.