Two network interfaces

Joerg Sommer joerg at alea.gnuu.de
Thu Nov 18 11:55:32 MST 2004

Hi,

can I have two network interfaces for mol? ether -sheep and tun?

I need to run the cisco vpn client to get part of the net. But the client
is only available for OSX not for linux. My idea is to run osx in mol and
bind one interface (on osx) hard to my network interface (on linux),
which allows osx to do dhcp requests and send with a native network
address.

With a second interface (tunX) I will communicate with OS X from linux. I
can then tell linux OSX is the gateway and send all packets through tunX
to OSX. There all these become masqueraded, encrypted and send through
the vpn tunnel. These tunnel packages are send directly on the ethernet
interface (eth0 in linux).

How do you think: Is it possible?

Bye, Joerg.

--
Die meisten Menschen wollen lieber durch Lob ruiniert
als durch Kritik gerettet werden.