eMac with Airport Extreme

John Goodwin jgoodwin28 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 1 13:04:51 MDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm new to MOL and this list. I have an eMac with OS X installed and I
am considering installing a Linux system in place of it and using MOL
to regain OS X. The specs on my machine are eMac, 1.25 GHz G4, 256 RAM,
40 GB HD, and an Airport Extreme Card for networking. Will Linux and
MOL work on this setup, especially with the Airport card? I need the
Airport card to work on whatever OS I use because my Internet access is
through the wireless network. Also, which flavor of Linux is
recommended? I know Debian, Mandrake, SUSE, and others have PPC
versions, but I've read mixed reviews (as is usually the case on the
Internet) of them.

Thanks!

John

P.S. I don't mind Debian or other more complicated flavors, I've built
a few Linux boxes (x86) before and I have a lot of experience with
Mac's.