MOL on gentoo

Bill Fink billfink at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 5 20:04:47 MDT 2004

Hi John,

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, John wrote:

> I have just installed the MOL snapshot (0.9.71) on a gentoo (with ALSA)
> ibook (G3 700) and I have 2 issues.
>
> The first is sound through iTunes which sounds like it is being speeded
> up significatly, is there a freq/clock issue/config.
>
> The second is how would I access a VFAT based firewire disk under MOL
> (or is there any way to access Linux mounted drives or do they have to
> be accessed via smb).

FireWire disks on Linux just show up as SCSI disks, so you just add
the appropriate blkdev entries to your /etc/mol/molrc.macos or
/etc/mol/molrc.osx MOL config files.  For example I have the following
entries in mine:

    blkdev:             /dev/sdd6       -rw
    blkdev:             /dev/sdd7       -rw

Of course your FireWire disk may not be sdd and your specific partitions
may be different.  If you don't have any real SCSI disks your FireWire
disk would most likely be sda, and if you had one real SCSI disk, it
would probably be sdb.

						-Bill