I need a volunteer to help test os9 running under OSX

ted bonkenburg ted at inaddrany.com
Sun Oct 10 12:03:59 MDT 2004

Hi All,

After some time away, I've freed up more time to play with MOL.  What
I'm really interested in is the mac port of mol (running mol w/ the
host os being os x), and I'm trying to see how I can help move this
along :-)

Some time ago I managed to get os9 to boot based on reading this
mailing list.  Well, I started from scratch again with the latest
source tree and I have os9 booting again.  Then I painstakingly
repackaged mol so that it runs in the style of an os x app (i.e. it
lives in only one directory, installation should be drag-and-drop, to
remove you just drag 'Mom.app' to the trash, etc).  Finally, I've made
a very basic UI for creating and running virtual machines -- well, os9
vm's only at the moment.

I'd like a single volunteer to help me get this stage working so that I
can put it out for more people to play with and get some feedback.  I
have only one test machine (ibook) which is "polluted" with many 'make
installs' of mol, messing around trying to get things to work, etc.  So
here is what I'm looking for:

1.  Someone who is running 10.3.5
2.  And has a G4 processor
3.  And has a copy of the Mac OS 9 install cd (preferably 9.1 since
that is what I'm using)
4.  And is willing to test things out and maybe go through a few
iterations (i.e. it probably won't run right the first time)
5.  And won't give it out to others (I just want to get it right before
I make it generally available)
6.  And understands that while it is very, very, extremely unlikely --
this may hose your system :-)

I can provide an http address for download, so you don't have to worry
about your inbox getting slammed (I'm thinking of you here, Gasper :-).

Any takers?

Thanks in advance.

ted