MOL sets date to July 17, 2039

Tommy Trussell twt at arkansas.net
Fri Oct 22 07:58:13 MDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 14:23, Tommy wrote:
> For some reason, sometimes MOL changes the date in MacOS 9.2.2. to
> Sunday, July 17, 2039 at about 6:00 AM.

To update my earlier post (is there a FAQ I should contribute to?) --

1) The clock resets any time the Mac OS goes to sleep! You can see the
date change happen instantly if you choose "Sleep" from the Special menu
in the Finder. So the workaround is easy -- turn the Sleep option to
NEVER in the Energy Saver control panel.

2) The date and time are NOT as consistent as I first thought, but so
far I have seen various dates and times in July and August 2039.