I need a volunteer to help test os9 running under OSX

ted bonkenburg ted at inaddrany.com
Wed Oct 13 03:14:23 MDT 2004

Since there are a few people interested, I just want to give a quick
status update.  I managed to test on my friend's machine this afternoon
and it mostly worked.  There was one issue that made me glad I waited
to test it somewhere else, but for the most part it worked.  Still, I
wanted to get the cdrom stuff right and a few other things fixed up.  I
spent most of the evening today doing that and will run it through
another test tomorrow.  If all goes well then I hope to put it up on a
website and mail this list so that all those who are interested can try
it out and hopefully give me feedback :-)

If I don't post it tomorrow evening then I'll try to send another mail
to keep people updated.  Thanks again.

Btw- Has anyone seen Samuel on this list?  I haven't seen a posting
from him in a long time.  Anyway, I'd like to compliment him on the MOL
code base.  It is very well and professionally done, which will be
quite helpful if I manage to get in deeper...

ted

On 12 Oct, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Steven McGrath wrote:

> i would be happy to help out... 10.3.5 on a Powerbook FW800  I have
> access to System6-OS9.22 disks
>
> On Oct 12, 2004, at 7:10 AM, Romolo Camplani wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>> I would test your work!
>> I have 10.3.5 and os 9.2 Install CD
>> regards
>>
>> Romolo
>> On Oct 10, 2004, at 8:03 PM, ted bonkenburg wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> After some time away, I've freed up more time to play with MOL.
>>> What I'm really interested in is the mac port of mol (running mol w/
>>> the host os being os x), and I'm trying to see how I can help move
>>> this along :-)
>>>
>>> Some time ago I managed to get os9 to boot based on reading this
>>> mailing list.  Well, I started from scratch again with the latest
>>> source tree and I have os9 booting again.  Then I painstakingly
>>> repackaged mol so that it runs in the style of an os x app (i.e. it
>>> lives in only one directory, installation should be drag-and-drop,
>>> to remove you just drag 'Mom.app' to the trash, etc).  Finally, I've
>>> made a very basic UI for creating and running virtual machines --
>>> well, os9 vm's only at the moment.
>>>
>>> I'd like a single volunteer to help me get this stage working so
>>> that I can put it out for more people to play with and get some
>>> feedback.  I have only one test machine (ibook) which is "polluted"
>>> with many 'make installs' of mol, messing around trying to get
>>> things to work, etc.  So here is what I'm looking for:
>>>
>>> 1.  Someone who is running 10.3.5
>>> 2.  And has a G4 processor
>>> 3.  And has a copy of the Mac OS 9 install cd (preferably 9.1 since
>>> that is what I'm using)
>>> 4.  And is willing to test things out and maybe go through a few
>>> iterations (i.e. it probably won't run right the first time)