[MOM] some feed back on makeDist

ted bonkenburg ted at inaddrany.com
Tue Oct 19 19:00:49 MDT 2004

Well, I tried to send this message to Ihar, but it bounced (as did the
one I sent before) and I figure it might be useful for others as well:

-----------------------

Hi Ihar,

Thanks for the comments.

1. Yes, I was too lazy to get rid of SCCS directories in makeDist :-)

2. The 'scripts' directory is actually my own set of scripts.  I was
actually
going to take that out of the version of makeDist that I posted but
realized it
was harmless.   The scripts I am talking about here are vm_* and mod_*
found in
Mom.app/Contents/MacOS.

3. You can't choose an .iso image right now because I didn't have time
to test
it.  I kind of promised the list I would post something, and then I
decided at
the last minute to add CD detection and the .iso option.  Well, come
1:30 AM or
so I was rather tired and figured I'd save something for people to look
forward
to in the next release :-)

4. You can't create linux and os x virtual machines because I haven't
gotten
them working.  As soon as I get one working you can be sure I'll add it
to Mom
right away and make a very happy post to this mailing list.  You can
see that
my patch to mol is small because the port to os x was in progress by the
original author.  There is still a lot I need to understand to get
other os's
working.  I'm actually trying to get networking working on os9 so at
least I
can call that fairly finished.

5. I think I'll just keep posting on the mol list for now, so just
watch that if
you are interested.

6.  As a Linux -> Mac switcher, I too miss the additional options and
features of some of the gnu tools.  I'm sure I could get them from
Fink, but for now I'm content with learning the bsd-ish tools for
something new.

Thanks again.

ted

Quoting Ihar: