mol and macos9 on beige g3: brief hang when mouse clicked

Tommy Trussell twt at arkansas.net
Wed Oct 20 10:45:43 MDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 18:57, Dan Bullok wrote:
> I've installed mol on a 300Mhz beige G3, 320MB RAM, running gentoo linux.
> I installed macos 9.1 from within mol, and it works, but I'm having a
> problem. Whenever I click on an icon or a window, the mouse freezes for
> about a second.

I'm responding not because I know your answer but because nobody has
responded to any of my messages, either. ;-(

I am NOT having the problem you are describing -- MOL has worked
extremely well for me except for my date/time issue. I have not yet
gotten it to run full-screen on a virtual terminal, but that's probably
only because I haven't tried very hard.

I'm running Mac OS 9.2.2 that I installed "natively" and then pointed
MOL to it from Debian. BTW I am running a VERY new kernel -- 2.6.8.
Since you didn't mention your kernel you might consider trying a
different one (which would require loading matching MOL modules too).

I haven't run gentoo so I can't make any specific suggestions there --
Debian makes it fairly easy to upgrade kernels, though there are several
"gotchas" when you move between 2.4 and 2.6 -- the issues that confuse
me the most have to do with the way modules are handled.