compiling on Mandrake 10.1 beta

David Bélanger dbelan2 at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 20 12:29:53 MDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 09:10:05AM +0100, Davide wrote:

> I made the mistake to install Mandrake 10.1 beta on a G3. Nothing really wrong
> with it apart from the fact that it does not come with MOL (and Lyx), and
> many libraries are missing. Anyway I tried to compile the MOL kernel, but
> I've realised that the linux source kernel is missing too, even on the
> installation disks. How am I supposed to install MOL then? Thank you for your
> help.

Hi Davide,

The kernel headers corresponding to the compiled kernel used should be
sufficient.  I don't know about Mandrake but in the case of Debian (that
also provides compiled packages), both the kernel sources and the kernel
headers were made available as packages.  So look if you can get
packages with sources that corresponds to the compiled kernel.

David

---

David Bélanger
Web page:   http://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~dbelan2/