running MOL in OS X

Fred Hope mol-general@lists.maconlinux.org
Mon, 13 Sep 2004 17:40:19 -0700

Hi all,

I know that Mac On Linux was intended to be a program that lets PPC
Linux users run MacOS or another Linux in a separate PPC environment on
their machine. But I read somewhere that Mac On Linux can actually run
natively in Mac OS X, so you could use OS X as your primary OS and just
have a little PPC linux environment in a window (so it'd be like Linux
On Mac). I'd sort of like to do this. However, I know that you have to
make some adjustments to the Mac On Linux source code in order for it
to compile in OS X. Does anyone know how to do this (i.e. what changes
to make to the source)?  I downloaded the source yesterday and tried to
compile as-is, but got the following errors:

Compiling zconf-y.o           : cc1: internal compiler error: Bus error

make[2]: *** [.objs-osx/zconf-y.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub-kconfig-all] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 1

If anyone can help me get MOL running on OS X (assuming it's still
possible), that would be really cool.  I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.5 on a
1 GHz iMac G4.

Thanks,
Fred Hope