my mac bootdisk is locked :-(, help please

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 09:56:55 MDT 2005

On 4/17/05, Hex Star <hexstar at gmail.com> wrote:
> how do I make the mol session just a window
> and not full screen...I've tried changing enable_console_video: yes to
> enable_console_video:   no in molrc.video which made it a window but the
> resolution was something like 8 colors and everything was off
> centered....is there any specific way to make the sessions windows
> while keeping the full resolution? any help is greatly appreciated,

I run Mac OS 9.2.2 in MOL but I presume this advice goes for either it
or OS X: Your initial MOL settings govern what happens "inside" the
MOL window only until the Mac OS boots. So after you are "inside" OS
X, set the size and resolution to something you are comfortable with
AND is compatible with your linux X windows settings. (For example,
you will have to have the color depth the same or lower, and obviously
the monitor size should be the same or smaller than your actual
monitor.)

You can keep the OS X settings where they are and just expect to
switch to full screen when you are actively using an OS X application.
I find I switch between vt-9 (MOL) and vt-7(X-windows) a lot, partly
because with MOL in a KDE window I can't reach all the way to the
bottom and right edges, and partly because there are a few KDE
keystrokes that get intercepted before they get to the Mac process.

Be sure to report back so I know... I haven't used OS X a lot yet so I
can't tell you how to set the resolution. OS 9 has two VERY useful
control strip tools, in addition to the monitors control panel.