Running a Linux ISO with MOL

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Tue Apr 26 14:18:41 MDT 2005

    christian> Tobias McNulty wrote:
    >> The problem is that MOL expects its disks to be hardware

    christian> Not true. Disk images work just fine. In fact, I've
    christian> never used a physical HD with MOL, only HD images. I
    christian> can't remember whether I've ever tried it with CD
    christian> images though.

    >> and I'm not sure if there's any way to point it to an ISO.
    >> Anyone know?

    christian> I can't test it right now, but I'd expect it to work if
    christian> you specify the image instead of /dev/cdrom or whatever
    christian> in your configuration file.

    I tried to boot one Installation disk of Debian, using Debian
    Installler RC3 and didn't work. Can you do a look and see if it
    works fine to you?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855