Applied Tiger patch, Tiger still won't install

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Thu Aug 4 05:15:09 MDT 2005

Hi,

On 04.08.2005, at 02:30, Joshua Kugler wrote:

> Howdy.
>
> I'm a "several month" MoL user, and am trying to install Tiger on
> my MoL
> machine (upgrade my current image, actually).  I've applied the
> Tiger patch
> referenced last month, everything install just fine, but when I try to
> install Tiger, it says it can't be installed on this machine.  I am
> running
> Linux on 733 MHz G4, so I'm not quite sure why I'm getting this
> message.
>
> Anything else to check?

Have a look at this message (and the rest of the thread):

http://lists.maconlinux.org/pipermail/mol-general/2005-July/003785.html

What Matt finally did was to change the Info.plist file in a disc
image and install from the modified image. But what I would try first
is changing the compatible attribute in /usr/share/mol/<version>/
oftrees/oftree.x to

     (property compatible         <str>          "Powerbook5,6",
"AAPL,MOL", "MacRISC", "Power Macintosh" )

You can pick anything from Powerbook5,1 to Powerbook5,7 I think.

However, if this doesn't work, you can still use a modified disc
image as described by Matt.

Mattias