Using an iPod in Mac on Linux.

Joshua Kugler joshua.kugler at uaf.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:30:34 MDT 2005

I'm trying to get my iPod recognized in a Tiger session that's running under
MoL.  I've looked through the archives, and read this message:
http://lists.maconlinux.org/pipermail/mol-general/2004-January/002585.html
among others

I renamed usb-storage.ko and ran depmod -a, so now that's not found, which is
good.  The USB devices listed by lsmod are:

usbmouse
usbkbd
usbhid
usbcore
ohci-hcd

When I plug in the iPod, syslog reports "kernel: usb 2-1: new full speed USB
device using ohci_hcd and address 3" and nothing else, so no other drivers
are getting loaded as far as I can tell.  /proc/bus/usb is empty.  But, the
iPod never shows up in Mac session.  When I plug in the iPod, it flashes "do
not disconnect" so something is "grabbing" it (it doesn't show this message
when I plug it in after running "rmmod ohci-hcd").

usb support is enabled in molrc.osx.  This is mol 0.9.71 (devel snapshot)
compiled from source.  What other tweaks do I need to be making?

Thanks!

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator