Tiger and MOL

Hsuan-i Bi ericpi at skysoft.com.tw
Tue Aug 16 21:20:28 MDT 2005

Gregory Smith wrote:

>I've applied Mattias's patches, and I can get my B&W G3 to boot fine
>from a Tiger install disc image (I do not have a working DVD-ROM).
>However, it refuses to install because it thinks the target is not
>within the first 8 GB of the drive. This is obviously wrong, since the
>target disk itself is only 4 GB.
>
>Curiously, the Panther installer does not exhibit this behavior. So,
>something must have changed in the way Apple detects what machines have
>the 8 GB restriction, or how they determine whether a partition is above
>that limit.
>
>I've tried changing the property compatible but that didn't help. Any
>suggestions on what else I could mess with in oftree.x, or maybe on the
>install disc itself?
>
>Gregory

I got the same error: "the target is not within the first 8 GB of the
drive",
and I changed my disk image size to 4GB that still got this error.

I used Mac OS X 10.4 upgrade edition, app-emulation/mol-0.9.71_pre1-r2 and
Gentoo Linux/gentoo-sources-2.6.12-r6 via Mac mini.
any idea?

--
With Regards,
Hsuan-i Bi