Sound

calum.lists at iol.ie calum.lists at iol.ie
Tue Dec 6 08:31:08 MST 2005

Ok, now that I have a somewhat-working MOL working on Ubuntu Dapper again
(molvconfig crashes the X server and locks the whole machine, but I can
live without console output for now anyway), I guess I'd like to try and
get sound working again... it hasn't worked for months.

If possible I'd prefer to use ALSA (although I've failed equally to get OSS
working too), as that's what all my other desktop apps are configured for.
But MOL doesn't seem to like the syntax of the default molrc.sound file:

playstation:~> startmol -X
Fatal error: Parse error in /etc/mol/molrc.sound:26

where line 26 is:
alsa.mixer              "PCM" 0

If I comment this line out, MOL starts up fine, but with no sound (and no
warnings on the console to suggest why).  Any clues as to what I need to
change it to?

Cheeri,
Calum.