Anyone able to build Joe's mol-0.9.71_pre6 on ubuntu?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Sat Dec 31 00:34:38 MST 2005

Hi Bin, et. al.,

You were right that compiling a vanilla kernel got me passed the
problems I was having building.  Unfortunately, the ubuntu team must
have included some magic in their kernel that I need for networking, and
probably some other stuff.  I am still getting hung up making the tun
driver.

+ Entering netdriver
make[4]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/frohro/mol-0.9.71_pre6/obj-ppc/build/src/netdriver/tun.c', needed
by `/home/frohro/mol-0.9.71_pre6/obj-ppc/build/src/netdriver/tun.o'.  Stop.
make[3]: ***
[_module_/home/frohro/mol-0.9.71_pre6/obj-ppc/build/src/netdriver] Error 2
frohro at frohne:~/mol-0.9.71_pre6$ cd netdriver

If anyone has any advice on this issue, I'd like it.  :-)

I am right now downloading the CDs with the ubuntu source on them.  It
looks like the only way to get the source to their kernel, and there are
four CDs with no directory listing so I don't know which ones I need.  I
am hoping that if I re-build their kernel, I should be able to get mol
going.  If I do, I will update the ubuntu wiki with directions on how to
do it.

Bin Zhang wrote:

Thanks for the tip!

Rob