Mac-on-Linux?

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:04:54 MST 2005

> I have poked in there a time or two, but I've seen nothing beyond what
> shows up in the terminal, ie, some errors about sheep, switching to
> TUN, getting an IP and then... nothing until I ctrl-C out of it.
> --debug didn't work; YDL packages apparently don't include that.

When i was used YDL 3.?, the defaults of MOL left much to be desired.
I haven't tried YDL 4 yet, so I don't know if it's still the case, but
making MOL work involved poking at the *.molrc files quite a bit.*

I'm now using Gentoo, and making MOL work seems much easier. I don't
know if it's because the config files are better, or if Gentoo's other
file locations/settings are better, or if I just expect that Gentoo
will require more poking. :-)

As long as you're not against reinstalling everything again and unless
you have a strong attachment to YDL, it might be worth checking out an
alternative distro like Ubuntu or possibly even Gentoo.

Michael

*Quite a bit because I a) Didn't know what I was doing yet, and b) The
setups really were bad.