tap driver

Paolo paolo at students.cs.unibo.it
Sat Jun 18 14:44:57 MDT 2005

Hello!

i'm new in the world of linux-ppc. I tried today to get mol working, but i can't get
network working.

my network configuration is

GW (192.168.1.1) <--------> Linux (192.168.1.10)

I tried with sheep driver, configuring osX interface to 192.168.1.11, but i can't reach neither linux host,
nor gateway.

so i tried with tap driver.
i created tap device /dev/net/tap, change permission to rw rw rw, then interface  tap0 (from root, to avoid
permission issues), tried either with 192.168.2.0 (as documentation suggest, but it seems a bit strange to me) or 2.1,
then i launched (by root) mol  with tap0 -tap option.

but here i get, on console, a lot of messages like:

"enet2 write: Connection refused", when mol try to send packet outside. inside osX/mol i can in all configuration
(sheep/tap) ping myself (for example 192.168.1.11 or 192.168.2.2)

which problem do i have?

thank you!
Paolo