asking for mic/line-in support

Philip silvermaple at usermail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:31:48 MST 2005

rumor has it that Joshua wrote:

> I think the list is dead or dying. I asked a question a few days ago
> and received a similar non-response. In fact, other than my own, yours
> is the first list message I've received in a week.

This list is no your personal help desk. No one is obligated to respond
to anything.

> Mar 15, 2005, at 8:39 PM, Tamas K Papp wrote:
>
> > A couple of days ago I sent an e-mail to the mol-general list,
> > asking whether it was possible to use an OSS mic/line-in device in
> > mol.  I received only one reply, telling me that it was an
> > interesting question.
> >
> > If it is possible but I could not make it work, I would appreciate
> > if someone told me that.

Maybe know one knows...

> > If it does not yet work, I respectfully
> > ask the maintainers to please consider implementing it in the future
> > if it is not too difficult.

Could it be that you are the only that cares if that works?

For both of you, try giving some real information! "Doesn't work",
"Crashes hard" are vague and nearly useless terms.

  * what have _you_ tried? "Lists help those who help themselves."

  * What is the console output?

  * What does the relevent log report?

  * What version of MOL?

  * What kernel?

If you do all of the above you _still_ may not get an answer to you
problem - but you are more likely to get a response from the list...

Respectfully,
      Philip