Multi-user?

Romeyn Prescott prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu
Mon May 9 13:23:22 MDT 2005

Hi.

I've posted about this before, but I'm not sure I've articulated
question properly.

I work in a group of Linux gurus who all run Linux on their desktops.
They use WINE or VMware to deal with the times they need to run
and/or test Windows programs, but they have to come to me when they
want/need to run OS X for any reason.

I have a fairly beefy G4 in my office running Ubuntu.  I have a hard
drive carved up with OS X 10.3 boot partitions, one for each person
on my team.  I have given them each accounts on my box.

What I want is for this box to be a "MOL Server" for my group.  From
their Linux boxes, they should be able to 'ssh -X' in and fire up
MOL.  This much works fine, but I'm having trouble figuringout how to
ensure that user1 boots to his own partition, user2 to his, etc.  I'm
sure the /etc/mol/session.map file holds the key to this, but I have
not been able to figure it out.  I envision that user1 would execute
"startmol -#" where "#" is some session number I have defined to use
user1's molrc file.

Does any of this make sense?  Can anyone help?  The docs don't seem
to address this at all.

Thanks,
...ROMeyn
--