Is anyone running OS X 10.4 x86?

Michael Moore stuporglue at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 17:40:36 MDT 2005

> Hey, I'm an Apple user...I actually paid for my Apple laptop and
> OS...it is stealing because you are using a copy of a OS without
> paying for it and thus you are effectively taking money away from
> Apple furthermore this OS being distributed isn't even meant for the
> public, it's supposed to be used for select developers ONLY, so yes
> this is stealing and illegal...why do I care so much? Simple,
> Micro$oft had to go to product activation due to all the pirating of
> their apps plus pirating probably has alot to do with their high
> prices since they need to offset their losses...I and the rest of the
> legit Apple community don't want this to happen with Apple...but hey
> if you really wanna get into it wanna say what Apple has to say if I
> hand over your IP and copy of these discussions to them? ;-) (and yes
> your IP is availible in your emails header)

I agree with Hex Star here. Anything we can do which won't force Apple
to be a Microsoft is probably a good thing. Anything that we do that
could endanger the MOL project is probably a bad thing (such as making
it a discussion board for where to get software Illegally.).

If you have a need for OSX x86, and can't afford it, there are places
you can go and rent time on them by the hour. If you've got a really
good reason to need it, you can probably find a sponsor.

If you're a lamer software pirate, don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Like it or not, laws and software licences exist. If you don't like
them, you've got t legal and moral options. 1) Work within the system
to get these laws changed, 2) Use software who's licence you approve
of (BSD, GPL, MIT, whatever).

--
Michael Moore