Status of 'Mac on 'Mac

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:36:42 MDT 2005

On 10/10/05, Hex Star <hexstar at gmail.com> wrote:

> what I'd find really useful is being able to run the full mac os
> classic like 9, 8 or below instead of just the classic interface which
> only works when running a app or having to reboot into the OS losing
> the OS X functionality...:-)

I may be misunderstanding but it sounds like you are asking to run MOL under
OS X. Unless there is some specific functionality you are looking for that
Classic cannot do, I'm afraid you might be disappointed in MOL. Two things
that come to mind right away --

(1) MOL and another OS cannot "share" the same volume under linux at the
same time, so the same may possibly be true if you can run MOL under OS X.

(2) MOL has no utility that I know of for passing clipboard data between its
process and the host OS. I believe the clipboard shares just fine between
Classic and OS X.

There very well could be other differences... and of course people are using
MOL for all sorts of purposes so those two issues may be unimportant to you!