MOL complains after running startmol -X

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 23:28:14 MDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 17:42 -0500, Mel Herndon wrote:
> Mattias,
>
> I finally got a response on #yellowdog. For some reason (I have a dual
> processor) the kernel mods for MOL were only included on a single
> processor kernel. I did get it up and running using this kernel when
> booted. I installed the MOL drivers for networking,etc...after I
> rebooted per the installer request I am getting an out of memory
> mesage? I edited molrc.osx ahead of time and changed ram from 96 to
> 256 since I have 512 installed on this dual G4 1ghz Powermac. YDL has
> a different revision level on the kmod-ppc. And I was unable to find
> the source rpm for this distro..if you could help me out with that too
> I would appreciate it. Now if I can just get it compiled into my dual
> processor kernel...I will be set :-) Thanks it is great...

Again, the exact error message you get would be of great help. From your
description I figure the problem might be the bootx memory map issue we
found (and fixed) a while ago. You can get a patched bootloader from
http://www-user.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~nissler/mol/index.html

I don't know what MOL version they use on YDL, but if you have further
problems I'd suggest you try the latest version from
http://dev.gentoo.org/~josejx/ That's the most up-to-date MOL on the web
I know about.

Mattias