PCIProxy & Firewire

Thomas Morris metro.realize at verizon.net
Sat Feb 4 03:21:37 MST 2006

Hello Ibrahim,

I have succesfully used my Peg 2 with OS X Panther and Debian 2.6.x kernel
and internal Peg's Firewire. I mounted an external Lacie 160gb Mac fire
wire drive. You have to set it as SCSI in the mol configuration file...
Dont know about proxy cards though.

magnetic

Ps.. This other guy a while back used to use his Ipod with Firewire with
his Pegasos! It was a Peg1 no less :)

On 02/03/2006, you wrote:
> Hi

> Does anybody know if it is possible to use Firewire in MacOSX on
> MacOnLinux with PCIProxy and a Genesi PegasosII as Hardware.
> Maybe the inbuild Firewire of PegasosII isnt supported, are there some
> PCI Firewire Cards around, which use the same Chips like the Macintosh
> Firewire, so with PCI Proxy these Cards could work?

> best regards
> Ibrahim Solmaz

Regards