PCIProxy & Firewire

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Wed Feb 8 08:07:46 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 01:15 +0100, Ibrahim Solmaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > Von: Mattias Nissler <mattias.nissler at gmx.de>
> > please note that the pciproxy code has some restrictions. Most notable,
> > driver we actually hacked the binary to work in PIO mode...
>
> Do you think secondary PCI-GFX Cards could work?

Well, it might. For graphics cards, there is not much use of having the
device copy data to host memory. The framebuffer memory of the card is
mapped into the host address space and that should work just fine. I'm
quite curious whether you get it working because the Airport card is the
only one I know of so far that is working with the pciproxy code.

Mattias