Mac-On-Mac Development.

Steven McGrath steven.mcgrath at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:52:55 MST 2006

I have talked to the developer of Mac-on-Mac, and he doesn't wish to
further develop the application to work on 10.4, or any other future
efforts.  Attached below it the email I received from him.  I am
curious as to if there is anyone out there who would like to further
develop the application, and pick it up from where it was dropped?

Hello again,

the problem is not monetary, actually not at all and I would
not feel comfortable accepting donations because I might not
have success. I'm not very good in understanding someone
else's code, especially not if it is rather undocumented.
Samuel Rydh is the founder of the MoL project an probably wrote
most of the code of the VM engine and it appears that he's not going
to continue his development either. Due to the lack of G5 support
and no replies to my mails (to discuss some issues in his code I
don't understand) I lost my ambition to continue the development
of MoM. I prefer to develop things from scratch just to know exactly
what's going on but in case of MoM thats nothing you do within a
couple nights that takes months and probably years.
I suppose the project was doomed by the day the Intel switch was
announced and I did not get any support from some more qualified
open source developers (well there where some who know HTML
and JavaScript but that's not very useful in this case ;-)

       -Sebastian