Mac-On-Mac Development.

Sebastian Gregorzyk bastihome at gmx.net
Sun Jan 15 21:40:28 MST 2006

Hi,

the problem with 10.4 compatibility is memory allocation.
Check out version v0.21 on sourceforge which compiles
one Tiger with GCC4 and even boots up but crashes while
allocating the memory. I don't understand the design
principles of the Mac-on-Linux kernel module so all
I could do is trial and error. What I guess you have
to figure out is how memory allocation is done in the
10.3 kernel module and how it is supposed to be
done on the 10.4 kernel (darwin > 8.0). I know it
is not Samuels job to do the OS X port but it would
helped me much if he supplied some documentation.
Adding audio and ethernet support to the os x port
is not a big problem after all. But unless there is no G5
support in the MOL module I don't see the sense.
And while we are seeing an increasing Intel Mac
userbase MoL and MoM becomes less and less
significant anyway.

	-Sebastian