ibookg4 tiger dvd and mol (yes, the partition is fine..)

Andreas Liebschner fizban at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 10:30:49 MST 2006

On 1/22/06, Joseph Jezak <josejx at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Perhaps this is the problem you're having:
>
> http://lists.maconlinux.org/pipermail/mol-general/2005-July/003785.html

Yes it is a similar problem, thank you very much!

In my case I had to edit a file in a different location, but the
principle is the same. Basically there's a script that gets called
upon installation and it contains both a blacklist and a whitelist. If
your machine type is either in the blacklist or is not in the
whitelist, you get the error and you can't go on with the
installation. So all you have to do is to add "MOL" in the whitelist,
save the file, umount the image file, add

blkdev: /path/to/imagefile -boot

in /etc/mol/mol.osx and you will be ok. It's just a matter of firing
up mol and insert the second disk when asked (there's no check script
in the second disk luckily)

Thanks again!

--
-Andreas Liebschner