newbie questions

Mattias Nissler mattias.nissler at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 16:55:20 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 11:20 -0700, kevin at kevinkempterllc.com wrote:
> Hi list;
>
> I'm a complete newbie to mac and mol. I have a couple of questions.
> - I've read that there is a 386 version in the works. Anyone know of an
> anticipated schedule/release date for the 386 version?

I don't think there will ever be one. MOL is virtualizing powerpc
hardware. There are other projects that do the same with x86 hardware,
the most prominent one being VMware.

> - Once the "emulator" is installed, can it also play mac based games, or will
> there be issues with hardware based video acceleration ?

I wouldn't even try playing most games. There is no hardware
acceleration of any kind available from within MOL, so no chance of
running games that have 3D graphics. However, I can play GliderPro
within MOL without any problems at normal speed :-)

Mattias