MOL on Intel-macs?

Joseph Jezak josejx at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 13 09:48:09 MST 2006

Stefan Heinsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all: is mol still beeing actively developed? The homepage is
> a bit outdated and the last entrys on the devel mailinglist are from
> dez. 2004...

I'm currently maintaining it, but unfortunately have no access to the
mol website.  I'm currently working on adding compressed disk image
support and have started investigating what needs to be done for a ppc64
port.

> I consider buying an intel-mac and it would be wonderfull to install
> linux (i would prefer gentoo) and run osx inside mol and windows xp
> from inside vmware. Does mol run on intel-macs?

MOL does not currently run on intel macs.  I'm not really interested in
doing the work needed to finish the x86 port of MOL, but if someone else
wants to do the work, I'll include the patches in the snapshots that
I've been making.  Right now, other virtualization options already exist
for x86, I'd look into those before considering a new port of MOL.

-Joe