panic(cpu 0): Unable to find a driver for this platform: "AAPL, MOL".

Thomas Stratmann thomas.stratmann at rub.de
Tue Mar 28 01:21:04 MST 2006

Hello,

I installed mol from gentoo's app-emulation/mol-0.9.71_pre8 on my iBook
G4 and set it up for framebuffer console. MOL itself seems to run nicely
(It boots from the 10.3 installation CD without problems), however when
I try to boot my previously installed OS X 10.3.3 within MOL, the darwin
kernel panics with the above error message.

I searched the web and found that I'm not the only one with that
problem, but could not find any hints on how to fix this or why this
error occurs in the first place. So, help is appreciated... ask me on
the list for further details on my setup if required.

Thx in advance,
Thomas