trackpad tapping

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun May 21 07:45:03 MDT 2006

On 5/21/06, Magnus Rosenbaum <cmr_lists at forestfactory.de> wrote:
> Here the solution:
>
> This is not a mol issue, but the Linux kernel has no option to disable
> tapping with the Apple USB trackpads.
>
> I wrote a small patch that disables tapping in the kernel, see my website
> for details: http://cmr.forestfactory.de/ibook/linux/ibook_linux.html

For folks who don't want to patch the kernel, the recent versions of
pbbuttonsd are able to set the USB trackpads to notap (in addition to
its primary function, which is to handle the laptop keys like
brightness, volume, power, as well as keyboard illumination and lid
closing). Packages exist in most ppc distros, or directly from
http://pbbuttons.sourceforge.net/projects/pbbuttonsd/