trackpad tapping

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun May 21 19:53:41 MDT 2006

On 5/21/06, Magnus Rosenbaum <cmr_lists at forestfactory.de> wrote:
> Tommy Trussell wrote:
> > For folks who don't want to patch the kernel, the recent versions of
> > pbbuttonsd are able to set the USB trackpads to notap
>
> In which version? About three weeks ago Matthias Grimm told me, that he
> cannot implement that until there is an interface in the kernel. Johannes
> Berg tried to do this job but had no success and did not continue.

Ah, please forgive me, I am mistaken then. I have an oldworld machine
and the new code to deal with the USB trackpads broke on my ADB
machine so I presumed it must work on USB!

Obviously the notap code for ADB is already in the kernel. I see that
your kernel patch permanently disables the tap & drag & lock features
(which is probably what most of us would want anyway).

Sorry for the mistaken information.