Airport Extreme card does not work with PCI proxying

Jörg Sommer joerg at alea.gnuu.de
Tue Oct 24 16:06:40 MDT 2006

Hello Mattias,

Mattias Nissler <mattias.nissler at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 22:30 +0000, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>> OS X detects the card, but it detects no network. I've removed the
>> bcm43xx module. Any ideas why it does not work?
>
> Have you applied the patch to the to the AppleAirportExterme kernel
> extension that forces it to PIO?

No. I didn't know this.

> For more information, check this thread on the gentoo forum:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-365647-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-pciproxy.html

It was not possible to patch the driver of my 10.3, but I can patch the
driver of a new 10.4. I don't have 10.4 installed and I don't know if I
can use the new driver with my old 10.3. Are there any other options to
enable PIO mode?

Bye, Jörg.
--
> Definiere ‚Demokratie‘ …
… eine Mehrheit beweist einer Minderheit, dass Widerstand zwecklos ist.