New MOL Website

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Jan 4 17:59:44 MST 2007

Joseph Jezak <josejx at gentoo.org> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got the basics of a new MOL website up at:
> http://mac-on-linux.sourceforge.net/ thanks to Terrin Stock for the
> basic structure.  I've also added a wiki as well to help document
> Mac-On-Linux.  If you have any specific instructions for your
> favorite Linux distro or would like to help with the
> documentation/website effort, please feel free to add to it or email me.

Oh! That's great! Congrats!

> I think I've fixed a few annoying BootX bugs present in the last
> release, so qcow disk images should be bootable now using the CVS
> version.  I'll do a _pre2 release soon once a few more loose ends
> are tied up.  The next 2 issues I'll be looking into are the laggy
> and crackly sound and Tiger Acceleration module breakage. I'm not
> sure why the Acceleration isn't working, since I can find the
> symbols in the kernel, so the loader *should* be finding them.  If
> anyone has any ideas, I'd be interested to hear them.

It's nice. There's any work being done to make it work with G5s?

> A few administrative questions:
> 1. Would people prefer SVN over CVS?  I can migrate if there's any
> interest.

That would be great since CVS is very bad regarting patchset handling
and SVN has some nice tools to help with it like SVK ;-)

> 2. Would people rather have SF host lists/forums?  Both?  None?
> 3. Should I bother to keep posting here? :)

I personally don't mind about the above items. I think if noone has
problems in keep the mailing list here I would like to keep it here.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855