Joseph Jezak josejx at gentoo.org
Fri Jan 5 11:03:22 MST 2007

I don't seem to be actually receiving any responses (but I can see
them in the archives).  I know I'm subscribed, I just checked it. :)

I'll respond to the replies in the archives by pasting them in,
sorry it's not a proper response. :p

 > From Otavio Salvador:
 > It's nice. There's any work being done to make it work with G5s?

I don't have a G5 or any PPC64 machine, but it's become a little
more of an .  I've considered doing a port and have looked into what
would be required, but since I don't own such a machine I won't get
around to it any time soon.  It is something that I would like to
attempt if I had the resources.

It seems most who have already responded would like SVN, so I'll
migrate the SF repository ASAP.

As for the mailing lists, issues like me not receiving mail and
people unable to send to the list both are reasons why I'd like to
move the mailing lists.  I have no control over these lists, but
I'll see if I can find someone at Terrasoft who does.

 > From Calum Benson:
 > Will you be applying the two patches (or otherwise fixing them)
 > that I still need to apply to get _pre1 to build on 2.6.19?

The first issue with compiler.h is already resolved in CVS.  The
second is not a kernel issue, it's an Ubuntu issue.  I will look
into adding a configure check for -fno-stack-protector, but I can't
unconditionally apply it since that's not supported with all
compilers/targets.  I am aware of the problem though and it is
listed in the wiki under the Ubuntu section in the installation
guide. :)

 > Terin Stock:
Oops, sorry about misspelling your name.  The screenshot rotator is
already in place, I just screenshots. :)  Send them to me!

The original project is linked to from the first page in the wiki.
I also do like having everything in one place, but if people want to
keep the lists here, that's fine with me as well.

 > From Adam Cecile
 > As I offered a few month ago, I can set-up a Trac for MOL project
 > on my own webserver. (could help to set up another one on a
remote > box if you need). I guess Trac is really needed; it would
provide > wiki, ticket system and svn repository.

While I appreciate the offer, I'd like to keep the project on a
public server like SF simply to ensure that the project can be
easily transfered.  Some of the issues with the project being stuck
since Samuel has left could have been avoided if the project was
hosted on a public server.  Thanks though!

Anyway, it's nice to see some activity, let's bring this project
back from the dead!
-Joe