[powerstation-owners] SLOF source code available

Adrian Reber adrian at lisas.de
Wed Dec 3 11:50:03 MST 2008

The latest (and probably the last) SLOF release has been posted on
developerWorks. It cannot be found on the front page
(http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/power/pa-slof/) but if you login and
accept the license it can be found. I have added all SLOF releases from
there into a git which is available at:

http://lisas.de/~adrian/slof/slof.git

The latest version on developerWorks is 1.7.0-4. I have tagged it as
1.7.0-5 in the git so that it is always clear about which version we are
talking.

As there will be probably no more releases from IBM the SLOF development
for the PowerStation will now happen in that git.

The code is BSD licensed so that we should be able to do with it whatever
we want.

To build the PowerStation firmware there are still some binary only
parts needed which are availabe at:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/power/pa-slof-js20/

For the PowerStation only the IPMI code is binary only. The binary only
code also includes functionality to talk to the BMC on JS20 (which was
not using IPMI, but a proprietary interface) and there is the "takeover"
binary only code which is needed if you want to boot the SLOF image on a
JS20/JS21 with the original product firmware.

		Adrian